A wedding, a funeral and a newborn to mark the beginning of the new year.
Shawn and Adeline shared their romantic moment with everyone who came to witness and bless. The programs were somehow different and interesting. Afterwhich I made a trip very much looked forward, to the botanical garden.
The garden was still as familiar, only that it had a new group of people. I wandered to stumble into new things, and finally settled at a random spot, joining everyone who was scattered over the greens. The after rain set the tone. There was the plea of a young girl asking her dad to have their umbrellas opened beside them (her family) even though the area was already much sheltered with trees (*giggles*). It was kind of funny that she had wanted what seem more like a beach setting. The interesting crowd included some monks who were playing frisbee beside me, having a great time. People blend in perfectly with nature. The magic of a garden is that it accepts behaviours which some other public places do not. I spread out on my shower screen (which was as applicable as a ground sheet) and harmonised with my surroundings. It was a day I thought well-spent, as purposeful as working diligently or helping others - to be heartful of my being.
4th Jan, I attended brother Vincent Tan's funeral at Jelapang. He had departed on new year day, sucumbling to the functional breakdown of his body. The bereaved family members stayed strong with the memories left by the one who had loved. The positive message shared by Elder Chen was edifying, illustrating the better place that had been prepared for those who believe its existance and the One who prepare this place.
I had visited Sister at her in-laws' place yesterday evening. It was great to see her after about 2 months. She is getting better since the birth of Kai Xuan but not enough for her to get around like before. Kai Xuan had grown lovelier; her smiles spreaded from her lovely face to mine. :) I played with her little elder brothers, and was very much entertained by their little talks. Kids. Haha.. I think I am still one.
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment