Sunday, January 8, 2012

An Overview of 2011

As much fear I had when moving from somewhat like a familiar fishbowl to the large unknown sea, now coming back to Singapore after spending 2 years in China, was another experience of adjusting back. Reverse cultural shock per say.

The first 3 months of 2011 spent in TungLing was an experience I least expect. Thinking back are many divine memories with people of different background who gave up precious time to be together as God's family. I really misses those times and those people.

From April till August, I tutored 3 Chinese students under BY's guardianship which gave me a glimpse into the lives of these 15-18 year olds; and also understanding 7-year old Josh (May till December) and 9-year old Kryst (June till December). Considering 4/14, I was with JKC since April; Noah's Ark since end September. The last 3 months of 2011 was spent with the 5-year olds. With that, I decided to take up the Early Childhood course, after considering for 6 months.

The most traumatic part of adjusting back was to be staying with J for 3 months (19 Jun till end October), Ah Yi in November and K till mid November. Now being back home, I realised a lot about myself and am so much more thankful, in the knowledge of my God, who is faithful, understands me and gracious despite all my uncertainties.

I am also glad to be a part of the Christmas production with PKC, totally impressed with the youths' effort; and the Game of L was a meaningful finale of the year to reflect upon in the new year.

No comments: