I had a glimpse of what was showing on TV Mobile during my short interval bus ride to work this morning. Channel News Asia presented short clips of important people in US giving speeches on this fateful day, commemorating the tragic that happened six years ago. Soon there will be Freedom Tower.
It was depressing as I had pondered about the hopes we unknowingly hold within. I had hopes for a home i can feel rested in, 'God's leading' for things to go well in my daily life, satisfaction in work and relationships. These, I presumed to be reasonable. However, things around me came to wake me up. Someone in the office mentioned a man whom he knew for years had just committed suicide. The details caused me to ponder, like never before. I was really disturbed. Then, I heard someone had died during a run. This person is my age. Young, intelligent and full of potential and a bright future likely ahead of him. How many times I had heard of these stories and how much I took life for granted. Last but not least, my parents has completed their proceedings to be divorced. Life starts all over again.
'Life is fragile', I will hear everyone say. Now, each time I look at the news on the papers, its clearer to me the situation we are in. But I dun see many people seeking to live life in its full purpose. Just for example: How shocking can it be to hear from close friends (whom some are christians) I have known who expressed open-ness to homosexuality. 1 Corinthians 6
How long can this physical earth remain? Why is there Earth Day? Why find life on Mars or other possible place for survival? Hope is dimming each day for this world. I had only found one answer. I especially found comfort during this season through the song 'The Answer', as prepared in Corrinne May's album, 'The Gift'. For the past 3 weeks, I am just filled with such joy and purpose. No longer thirsting and wandering. I remembered. I was just blinded with ambition, thoughts and plans.
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment