It has always been a great barrier to talk about my desires for marriage due to growing up memories of family issues, unmet emotional needs, and a lack of confidence and purpose. How I wished I had not only realised but also come to terms with them, before it surfaced out. Leaving behind these regrets -- pain and shame, I move forward, motivated by what Christ has called those who follow Him: towards the abundant life which He has for each and everyone, that include me. So 'Why am I afraid? Do I not believe He will take care of me?'
I pray for a life partner who is passionate about the things I am about. I want my family to honour God and his people. I want to see myself being such a person. What I have been seeking, a sense of security, belonging, purpose - can truly be found in only one place. May I always be found in the garden, in the presence of the Lord.
Sunday, January 15, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment